This calming picture book helps you engage your loved one with dementia, and encourages shared moments of peaceful interaction.
Share the relaxing pleasures with a loved one of flipping through excerpts from favorite inspirational Hymns alongside high quality, colorful images of nature.
✓ This is Book 4 in our popular series Religious Activities for Seniors that includes Psalms, Proverbs, Gospels, and Bible Verses by Mighty Oak Books
Rekindle the love of books for elderly readers with dementia. Our books are specifically designed for adults, as giving seniors books meant for children can be demeaning. They are also short and lightweight, without the distractions and awkwardness of handling larger photo books.
Seeing these beautiful photos can spark conversation or reminiscence, reinforcing a sense of self and identity.
Give the gift of self-empowerment, hope, and dignity to people with dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or those rehabilitating after a stroke. Seniors who struggle with memory loss, eyesight or strength challenges who find it difficult to hold a heavy book or read long paragraphs of text will also enjoy this book.
Connect to a Loved One
- Set a positive mood for interaction with full-color, high quality photos
- Quiet and calm activity, especially for afternoon and evening hours
- Therapeutic images reduce anxiety
- No mention of dementia, memory loss, or anything that could cause stress or embarrassment
Large Print, Minimal Text
- The only text is the title page and the hymns
- Each hymn excerpt is written in very large print, one per page
- Images are a powerful opportunity for association and reminiscence
Comfortable to Hold
- Soft Cover
- 6x9 inches
- 41 pages
- High Resolution
- Carefully curated
- Vivid, Full Color
Helpful Tips for Families, Caregivers, and Assisted Living Staff
- Sit beside your loved-one in a quiet area with no distractions
- Avoid shadows or reflections on the pages
- Provide a pillow on your loved-one's lap to support their hands and the book
- Allow your loved one to turn the pages when possible. This allows them to control the pace for engagement and reminiscence.
- Use in a group or care setting can bring individuals with dementia together and can be used as an entertaining activity that helps combat boredom or depression.
- Leave the book in an accessible place that allows your loved one to pick it up on their own time.
- Makes the perfect gift for Christmas, birthdays, or any day
More Products, Activities, and Gifts for People with Alzheimer's or Dementia
★ Click on "Mighty Oak Books" underneath the book title for our full catalogue.
- Picture Book of Psalms- Best Seller
- Picture Book of Puppies- Best Seller
- Fun and Relaxing Activities for Adults (Vol.1)- Best Seller
- Coloring Book of Psalms