This sumptuous guide gives you everything you need to put together the perfect cheeseboard for any occasion, with 40 beautiful delicious ideas to suit all tastes.
Morgan McGlynn, resident cheese expert from Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
, brings you this complete guide, filled with beautiful recipes
to wow guests and delight the palate.
A how-to guide that breaks the cheeseboard down into its components
— cheese, meat, accompaniments, garnish. - allowing you to create stunning spreads for any occasion
- Brunch Board: Make the most important meal of the day a little more special with this mouthwatering selection of cheeses and accompaniments.
- Cozy Night In Board - Shelter in on cold winter evenings with a warming fondue for two as a center piece, the ideal sharing board for the one you love with wine parings for each cheese.
- Halloween Cheeseboard - Full of cheesy treats, spooky crackers and scarily stinky cheeses, this is the perfect board for when the autumn nights start to draw in.
- Apres Ski Board - A rich collection of mountain cheeses perfect for enjoying in front of a cozy open fire.
- Ultimate Match-Day Board: Add some flavor to complement the big game with stuffed mini peppers, spicy guacamole and homemade blue cheese and chive sauce.
- Perfect Summer Picnic: This light and fresh selection is the ideal cheeseboard for the summer, and can be packed up and taken on walks, trips or days out.
- Festive Cheese Wreath - The perfect holiday centerpiece, ideally enjoyed with a Christmas Martini.
Most importantly, this book will teach you how to pair cheeses perfectly
, from classic pairings to the unexpected. In addition to the easy-to-follow instructions and gorgeous inspiration, The Modern Cheeseboard
also pairs drinks to match the boards, along with recipes for your own chutneys and jams.With boards ranging from the everyday to the showstopper, alongside ideas for key occasions throughout the year and inspiration from around the World, this book is guaranteed to wow guests and have mouths watering.
About the Author
Morgan McGlynn is the owner of Cheeses of Muswell Hill, an award-winning independent cheese shop in North London. At age 21 she was Britain’s youngest female cheesemonger and she is the resident Cheese Expert on Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch, with recent appearances contributing to the programme’s highest-ever social media interaction. She is also cheese consultant for leading retailers and in 2017 launched her cheese wholesale business which now stocks some of the UK’s best delicatessens, farm shops, Michelin star restaurants and cheese shops.