10 April 1925: The incredible American masterpiece, known as The Great Gatsby is released by Scribner's publishing company.
If anyone has been in the store since I've worked here, you'll notice that I am very passionate about 3 particular things:
-classic literature (especially F. Scott Fitzgerald,)
- The Beatles (especially Paul McCartney,)
- and women's rights (especially things involving sexual assault.)
April is National Poetry Month! Have you spent time reading any poems this month? I don't want to overstimulate you, but we have Willa Cather on our sales cart as we speak. Willa. Cather. And on discount. It is hard to complete sentences when you are this excited.
Not sure about this whole poetry thing? Think all poetry is for weirdoes and super hard to understand? Well, that is just not true. Mary Oliver writes beautifully about nature and her work is very accessible. So there.
Welcome to a new month and another April Fools Day! Why not take some time out today to have a little fun? Maybe start a little mischief?
Here are some books to inspire a little mayhem:
1. What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night by Tuma
- Picture book with photos of toy dinosaurs destroying everything. Everything. They aren't malicious, just kinda...exuberant? Whoa. Some much fun!
2. Amy Falls Down by Willett